The past year has significantly changed our relationship with our homes. As we spend more time inside especially as we head into the holiday season, consider refreshing your walls. Check out Behr's top color themes for inspiration.
Behr says color will play an increasing role in setting a mood for a space, creating a positive atmosphere, and providing a sense of well-being that ensures living and workspaces feel “pleasant, light, and productive.”
The 2021 © Behr color palette is organized into six color themes: casual comfort, subtle focus, optimistic view, quiet haven, calm zone, and outdoor escape.
Here’s a breakdown of each theme:
• Casual comfort: Light and cozy neutrals that strive to offer an updated take on the casual farmhouse look (warm-toned hues like Almond Wisp and Sierra).
• Optimistic view: An eclectic mix of bright hues - Mediterranean or '70s glam vibe (Saffron Strands, Kalahari Sunset).
• Subtle focus: Soft pastels that are inspired by modern versions of art deco design (Seaside Villa and Wishful Green).
• Calm zone: Nurturing blues and greens continue to trend in creating calm, restorative spaces (Jojoba and Voyage).
• Quiet haven: Darker, evocative colors are presented as fit for traditional and maximalist decor (Royal Orchard and Broadway).
• Outdoor escape: Behr says that any of its 2021 color picks also can be used for exterior spaces and in expanding a home’s livable space outside too (Barnwood Gray or Cellini Gold),
Behr has teamed with color influencers for a social media campaign called “21 Days, 21 Colors, 21 Projects” that will share DIY projects featuring a color from the palette under the hashtag “#21DaysOfColor.”